Things I am thankful for...
07.10.2012 - 08.10.2012 13 °C
Stealing, as I do, posts from my facebook page...
Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. So in the spirit - along with turkey sausages for dinner this evening - stuff I am thankful for...
- my iPod;
- people who don't point out my grammatical errors;
- life's constant reminders that I am human so I don't develop hubris;
- the opportunity to live abroad;
- family and friends back home who love and accept me, even though I am far away;
- friends here in the UK who accept me, even though they have to live close to me;
- Teressa Bellissimo for inventing the Buffalo wing;
- my general good health;
- the fact that those of my family who have suffered ill health this year have gotten better;
- and a good gin Martini.
As the day wore one - and I had consumed my Turkey sausages, I called my family back in Toronto. I spoke to the family back in Toronto as the clock turned over to 11 PM here in the UK. They were sitting down for Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and all the trimmings. I hung up the phone, knowing they would soon be on to pumpkin pie.
So to you all reading this, regardless of the day or your nationality, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Early October may be the Thanksgiving day for Canada, but we should be aware of what we need to give thanks for every day.
Look up, this is the world you live in. It may be harsh and hard at times, but it can also be beautiful. It gives so many gifts, even when at the time they seem like blows to your chest. Hard lives are hard won.
Thankful for everything that has happened - the good, the bad and the ugly. If it hadn't of happened, I'd be a different man, in a different place, in a different set of circumstances. Maybe it would have been better, maybe it would have been worse. But it wouldn't have been me.